Must-know dip for a healthy lifestyle
There’s nothing like a large bowl of creamy guacamole to scoop in your nachos, right? Every two weeks or so I make a large batch of this guacomole recipe as an evening meal and it disappears like snow in the sun. This guacomole recipe is tasty and super easy to make. This is a must-know dip for a healthy lifestyle.
Who doesn’t love avocado?
Ah, the mighty avocado. When eaten at the perfect moment, after it ripens, but before it turns brown and mushy, there are few things more delicious. And they’re not only amazing to our taste buds, they’re also ridiculously good for you. The combination of healthy fats, vitamins and minerals make avocados a superfood. They contain over 20 vitamins and minerals, vitamin C, vitamin E, many of the B vitamins (energy vitamins), magnesium and potassium. They are also loaded with good fat, also known as fatty acids. One half of an avocado has 138 calories and 14.1g fat. Yet, it can help you loose weight! Half an avocado contains 3.4 grams of fibre, including soluble and insoluble, both of which your body needs to keep the digestive system running smoothly. Plus, soluble fibre slows the breakdown of carbohydrates in your body, helping you feel full for longer. I mesh 2 of them up for my recipe!
- 3 avocados
- 3 tomatoes
- Cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper
- Lime juice
- Fresh coriander
- Paprika powder
- Cut your avocados and puree them in a bowl with a fork.
- Cut the outside of the tomatoes into small cubes. The seeds and (liquid) center piece of the tomatoes can go to the compost bin.
- Squeeze some lime juice into the mix
- Press a garlic clove into the mix
- Add the Cayenne powder, salt and pepper and paprika powder
- Cut the coriander into small pieces and add them to the mix