Warm cosy flavourful souping!
I discovered this recipe and I needed to share it with you. Autumn is coming, and what is more soothing then a nice flavourful hot soup! Me and my friend went to the park and had a little picknick with fresh baked bread and our soups in our flasks. It was a blissful moment.
On top of that, I reckon you won’t get sick this winter if you infuse some of this soup in your monthly routine. The ginger, garlic, onion mix and healthy pumpkins and carrots will keep you strong!
- plant based milk or coconut milk
- Bake the onions, garlic and ginger in olive oil until all fragrances perfume your kitchen
- Steam the carrots and pumpkins
- Mix the two in the blender and add as you please some plant based milk. I like it smooth but not too liquidy, but everyone has his/her own preferences
- Serve hot and decorate with a bit of coconut cream and coriander on top
- Go to your favourite park, and enjoy this pumpkin carrot ginger soup!
The creamy pear-shaped squash
Butternut is a winter squash. You’ll probably see butternut squash year-round in your store, but it is best in season, which runs through the fall and winter. To pick a good butternut squash, look for a creamy, pear-shaped squash that feels heavy for its size. It should have a thick skin.
Ginger and garlic mixture Benefits
The mixture of these two ingredients has many health benefits. It can help with your digestion, your blood circulation, sore throats and flu’s, aching muscles, headaches, motion sickness and much more. The perfect combo to start the autumn strong!
Black + Blum Food Flask
A 400 ml / 13.5 fl oz vacuum insulated stainless steel food flask that is 100% leakproof and will keep your food hot for 6 hours or cold for 8 hours.
Let me know if you tried this soup recipe, did you enjoy it?